JOIN THE TEAM – WE ARE HIRING!
The Breakwater Restaurant located at the established and reputable Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa near Courtenay, BC. We offer exceptional contemporary West Coast cuisine and pride ourselves on providing an unparalleled guest experience with a dedicated team of fun professionals. Located in a coastal forest overlooking stunning ocean and mountain views it is hard not to be inspired here.
Cook Positions Available
We are currently looking for a positive and dedicated member to join our kitchen team for our night time Garde Manger position. Experience is definitely an asset, but will be willing to teach the details to the right applicant.
Competitive Wage based on experience.
Benefits include; Discount on restaurant and spa, medical and dental coverage, staff meal program
If you have a passion for great food, and are looking for a fun and dedicated team to be a part of, please drop your resume off at the restaurant or via email to [email protected]. You may also call the kitchen directly at 250-338-2592 and ask to speak with Chef Ryan or Sous Chef Brian.
Full-time Dining Room Servers
The Breakwater Dining Room is looking for reliable, experienced servers for our busy upcoming summer season. This candidate must be able to mutli-task well, will have some bartending and hosting experience. Ability to learn Resort Suite and Open Table computer systems. Must have some serving experience, preferably fine dining. Must have great social skills. Job description includes:
- Ability to maintain a full section of guests, serving food and drinks.
- Bartending, hosting, answering the phone.
- Running food, working private events/weddings.
This candidate will be one of our lead roles of the dining room. Must be able to take control and manage difficult situations.
Job descriptions includes:
- Expediting food, bartending, hosting, answering phone.
- Managing all staff to insure smooth service
- Office work includes Resort Suite and Open Table software, Excel spreadsheets, emails.
- Maintaining liquor order, menu updates, payroll.
- Managing private events.
- Full time position with benefits.
- Must have at least 5 years restaurant experience.
This candidate must be a strong communicator, and very approachable.
Job description includes:
- Seating guests and maintaining a good flow of restaurant.
- Assisting servers in running food and drinks.
- Answering phone and taking reservations.
How to apply: email [email protected]
Application deadline: May 31, 2015
Compensation: competitive wage TBD+ tip pool
Benefits include; Discount on restaurant and spa services, medical and dental coverage, staff meal program