Kingfisher Resort Frequently Asked Questions
What are your COVID-19 policies?
- As per the BC public health order, masks are not required however a personal choice for our guests and team.
- View details on the BC Public Health Order.
What is check-in and check-out time?
- We cannot guarantee check in prior to 4:00 pm or check out after 11:00 am; however, we will do our best to accommodate special requests.
What is your cancellation policy?
- 7 days advance notice is required to cancel your hotel booking in order to receive a full refund on your deposit.
- 48 hours advance notice is required to cancel your spa reservation to avoid penalty. We require any guests to cancel or reschedule their appointment if they are feeling ill. Cancellation fees will be waived in this instance.
- Restaurant Reservations – Please call us to cancel if unable to join us.
What amenities are included?
- Included in overnight stays and for day spa guests with advanced spa reservations (1 hour pre or post spa service). The pool facilities include an outdoor heated pool, hot tub, infrared sauna and steam cave. Additional amenities include Parking, Wi-Fi and the use of our Serenity Gardens with Adirondack chairs and fire bowls. Please note we do charge a nightly Resort Fee of 5% on accommodations
Are you pet friendly?
- Yes, we allow pets in our Standard Oceanview Rooms only. There is a nightly pet fee of $40 in addition to the nightly room rate. Please note it is necessary to request a pet-friendly room at time of booking as these accommodations are subject to availability.
- Guide and service dogs meeting the Guide and Service Dog Act of British Columbia criteria and able to provide proof of certification, will be accepted in all areas of the Resort at no charge. As per BC Guide Dog & Service Dog Certification, emotional support animals are not recognized and will be accepted as regular pets with prior reservation only.
Is the Kingfisher Resort an adult oriented resort?
- Children are welcome at the Kingfisher Resort. However, please note that the Kingfisher Resort is more of an adult oriented property focusing on serenity and relaxation.
- Please note that there are no on-site activities for Children.
- There are specific pool facility hours for children. Children under the age of 13 are restricted to the 9:00am to 10:00am and 6:00pm to 8:00pm only. Any guest 14 years old and under must be accompanied by an adult.
Do you have any rooms designed for guests in wheelchairs or with limited mobility?
- We do offer to guarantee ground level accommodations as needed by guests with limited mobility. Please be sure to make this request at time of booking. Although it does depend on the guest’s specific requirements, we do suggest the Accessible Beachfront Orca Suite as it is the most accessible for guests requiring a ramp, walk-in shower and grab bars. We can also provide a raised toilet seat or shower seat on request. Please note there is no elevator access in our Standard Oceanview Rooms or Ocean Courtyard Rooms (an elevator is only located in our Beachfront Suite building).
Are the rooms/suites air conditioned?
- Air conditioning is available in our Ocean Courtyard Rooms and Grand Pacific Beachfront Suite only. Every room and suite has a fan and sliding doors with screens. Additional fans are available upon request.
What is your smoking policy?
- All guest rooms, patios and balconies are 100% non-smoking (this includes use of tobacco, vaping products and cannabis). There are designated smoking areas located around the resort. Please ask the front desk agents for details.
Do you have an EV Charging Station?
- At this time we do not have an EV charging station on site. There are multiple charging stations located less than 10kms from the resort. The Visitor’s Information Centre in nearby Courtenay has charging facilities as well as the Buckley Bay rest area.
Do any of the rooms or suites have cooking facilities?
- All rooms and suites include a small fridge and coffee maker. Only our Beachfront Suites offer kitchenettes which include a two-burner stovetop, microwave, toaster, basic cookware, plates and utensils.
Can I bring a propane BBQ or Fire Bowl for the patio/balcony?
- Please note that personal BBQs and fire bowls are not permitted on our guest room patios/balconies. Please enjoy the numerous fire bowls in our stunning Serenity gardens.
Can I bring candles into my guest room?
- No candles are permitted in guest rooms, as they are a fire hazard.
When are the Serenity Garden fire bowls lit?
- The Serenity Garden fire bowls are lit each evening from dusk until 10:00pm. Please note fire bowls cannot be reserved.
Is there a bike storage & wash station?
- Please note that we have limited bike storage on-site. We do offer a bike wash station area on request, inquire for details. Should you wish to store your bike in our storage, please inquire with the front desk for availability and details (we are not liable for theft or damage).
Does the Kingfisher Resort host Weddings?
- We have fond Wedding memories at the Kingfisher Resort and it has been so lovely to be a part of such special occasions. However, our mission at the Kingfisher is to provide a relaxing spa environment and therefore are not booking Weddings from this point forward.
Ocean7 Restaurant | AQUA Bistro & Wine Bar
Do you offer room service?
- Room service is available daily from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm and can be viewed on our website
Is it necessary to make dining reservations?
- Advanced reservations for Ocean7 Restaurant and our new seasonal Sky Domes are highly recommended. Our AQUA Bistro & Wine Bar and outdoor patio are available for walk-ins only. If you are staying on a package that includes dining credits, we strongly suggest dining reservations at the time of booking in order to avoid disappointment.
- For further details on our Sky Domes: kingfisherspa.com/sky-dome-faqs/
Is there a dress code?
- We do not have a dress code for the Ocean7 Restaurant or AQUA Bistro & Wine Bar.
- Guests are welcome to dine in their robes for breakfast and lunch.
Is breakfast included?
- Breakfast is not included with a room booking. We do offer some packages that include dining credits. Please inquire upon booking.
Pacific Mist Spa
What is the Hydropath?
- On your own, with friends or someone special, follow the path as it winds through a re-created West Coast shoreline, sandstone sculpted caves and pools. For more details please visit our website here
How long is the Hydropath?
- Within this one hour service, your attendant will guide you through the eight unique elements of the Pacific Mist Hydropath®. Spend 10-15 minutes in our Relaxation Lounge overlooking the Strait of Georgia to complete the experience.
What are the restrictions for the Hydropath?
- Each appointment time can accommodate up to 4 guests per group. The Hydropath is restricted for guests under the age of 18 and for guests who are pregnant. The service is not recommended for guests with heart conditions, high blood pressure, mobility issues (must be able to navigate stairs and lower into and out of bathtub). The Hydropath may not be suitable for guests with thyroid conditions, those with iodine or seaweed allergies. Advanced reservations are required.
Is it necessary to reserve for spa appointments?
- All spa services require advanced reservations including our Pacific Mist Hydropath. If you are staying on a package that includes spa credits, we strongly suggest reserving at the time of booking or in order to avoid disappointment.
Can I claim my massage for medical benefits?
- Only massages booked with a Registered Massage Therapist are claimable through insurance. It is necessary to request a Custom RMT Massage at the time of booking. We do not offer direct billing; a receipt will be provided upon completion of the service.
How can Resort Guests access the pool facilities?
- Our outdoor pool facilities are open from 8:00am to 9:00pm Sunday to Thursdays and 8:00am to 10:00pm Fridays and Saturdays for hotel and day spa guests. Please view further details on our spa page: kingfisherspa.com/spa-hydropath/
Are non-resort guests able to use the pool facilities?
- Only registered resort guests and day spa guests with advanced reservations to the Pacific Mist Spa are able to access our outdoor pool facilities. We do not offer drop-in rates for access to the pool facilities only. Day spa guests may make a pool reservation, one-hour pre or post your spa treatment or Hydropath appointment. Day spa guests are welcome to sign up by calling our Reservations Department at 1-800-663-7929. Please be advised, access to the pool facilities is not guaranteed with your spa booking.
Is the Kingfisher currently offering a yoga program or classes?
- Unfortunately, we are not offering yoga classes at this time.
Is the Fitness Room/Gym open at the Kingfisher?
- Our gym is currently closed.
Is the Kingfisher currently offering Fitness Memberships?
- Unfortunately, we are no longer able to support Fitness Membership at the Resort and sadly the program was terminated in 2020. We sincerely appreciated the opportunity to have welcomed all our fitness members over many years and we hope to welcome you back as day spa or hotel guests.